Al-Nu’man ibn Bashir reported:
The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said,
“The parable of the believers in their affection, mercy, and compassion for each other is that of a body. When any limb aches, the whole body reacts with sleeplessness and fever.”
Bukhari 6011, Muslim 2586
Let us join efforts, big or small, in helping our brothers and sisters who are affected by the earthquake. The list below can help giving ideas:
- Inform your community about this disaster.
- Organize a bake sale at your local masjid.
- Check if your company matches your donation. Companies match donations made to charities on their list. Not all donations qualify for a match. In this case you can apply to your company to match it if your charity organization is not on the list.
- Check our list to help through trusted organizations.
- Always check with officials first before sending in items for donation to determine what is needed the most
- Always follow official government and verified aid accounts on social media
- Never post or share suspicious content, news, etc.
- Only spread the positive news.
Last but not least, pray for all the earthquake victims in Türkiye and Syria.