Our quick and easy but nutritious spinach dish is one of the primary dishes in Turkish cuisine during winter months. This recipe can be used for a purslane dish by substituting spinach with purslane that will enrich your summer meals.
For our recipe you need:
- 2 lb. fresh purslane – washed and chopped
- 1 medium onion – diced
- ¼ cup white rice – rinsed *(preferably brown rice)
- ⅛ cup olive oil (2 tbsp.)
- ⅛ cup tomato paste (2 tbsp.)
- Salt, black pepper (as much as desired)
In a large pot sauté onion with olive oil. Add tomato paste and continue sauteing for a few more minutes. Add purslane, stir until purslane changes color. Add rice, salt and pepper. Add 1 cup of hot water. After boiling, close the lid, reduce heat and cook until rice is done.
*If you prefer using brown rice, soak rice in boiling hot water for an hour and drain prior to adding in your dish.
Jumadi al-Awwal 1442
Yorum Bırakın / Leave a Comment