- 2 large lemons, zest and juice
- 4 large eggs,
- 1 ¼ cup organic sugar,
- ½ stick unsalted butter,
For the top;
- Whipped cream or desired garnishes
For the bottom;
- 1 ready crumb crust,
- Or 2 cups cereal,
- 2 tablespoons honey or date syrup,
- 50 gr. butter, melted
- Using food processor, finely crush cereal.
- In a medium bowl, mix crushed cereal and sugar with fork. Stir in melted butter until well mixed. Press in the bottom and sides of ungreased plate.
- Heat oven to 325F.
- Zest and juice 2 large lemons.
- In a saucepan, combine zest and lemon juice with 1¼ cup sugar and ½ stick unsalted butter.
- Heat over medium, stirring occasionally, until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Combine 4 large eggs in a blender. With blender running on low, add hot lemon mixture.
- Poor mixture from blender into saucepan and cook over medium until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour into cheerios pie crust and smooth mixture top. Bake 15 minutes until set.
- Refrigerate until chilled and firm.
- Top with whipped cream or garnishes if desired and serve.