2 packages margarine or 4 sticks butter(melted)
1 large egg
4 or 5 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon tahin(crushed sesame seeds)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
3 cups sugar
2 cups water
1 cup molasses
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. In a saucepan combine water and sugar, bring it to a boil.
2. After 10 minutes of boiling, add lemon juice and remove the pan from heat.
3. Add 1 cup of molasses into sherbet and let the sherbet cool.
4. In a large bowl, stir melted butter, all-purpose flour, tahin, walnut, baking powder and egg until well blended.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium tray, gently press the mixture evenly into the bottom of tray with your hands.(no need to grease the tray)
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until it’s lightly browned.
7. Remove tray from oven. Pour sherbet into the tray.
8. Serve when sherbet is completely absorbed.